Douglas Motors has proudly been serving the tri-state area for seventy-five years.
Harold Douglas became the Plymouth/Desoto dealer in Hancock in 1938, formerly known as Hancock Motor Company, after 36 years in the business Harold passed away unexpectedly in 1976. His son Stephen became the dealer four days later at the age of twenty five.
Stephen operated Hancock Motor Company and acquired the former Fouke Chevrolet in 1981. Douglas successfully owned and operated Hancock Motor Co. and Douglas Chevrolet at two main street locations for nineteen more years.
Both dealerships continued to thrive and grow needing more space and were limited by being on the downtown main street. Douglas was able to acquire ground at the outskirts of town and built and merged both dealerships together and became Douglas Motors in December of 2000.
The business continued to grow and Douglas decided to expand his operations into Berkeley Springs, WV, buying out the former Lawyer Motor Company in 2006 and became Douglas Auto Sales.
The Douglas Family has been proud to be in the business of selling and servicing new and used vehicles for the past seventy five years and is looking forward to other family members achieving the 100 year mile stone.